Here are the official standards that TXWA uses to certify whether or not a product meets the criteria to receive the certification seal. In order to be a Certified Texas Whiskey™, the product(s) MUST be…
- Produced at licensed distilleries wholly located within the State of Texas.
- Produced from cereal grains (whole grain, ground grain or grain flakes) and Texas-sourced water that is…
- Processed in the state of Texas into a mash
- Fermented entirely in the state of Texas
- Distilled and barreled in the State of Texas.
- Compliant with the TTB designations of “Whisk(e)y” both in class & type.
- Matured entirely within the territorial boundaries of the State of Texas.
- Bottled within the State of Texas with no additives other than Texas-sourced water.
- Independently verified via on-site annual verification by an officer of The Texas Whiskey Association compliance team.